Flat Strip Springs and Shapes
Our range of flat strip products covers an infinite
range of shapes and sizes. The easiest way to find out if we can help with your idea or
design is to send an online enquiry or to give us a call.
We will need to know some or all of the following to
determine if we are able to help:
- Thickness and width of the material. We are able to deal with
material sizes up to about 2mm thick and 100mm wide, however this depends on the type of
material and the design of the part.
- Type of material. We stock and are able to use standard spring
steels, stainless steels, beryllium copper, Inconel and more. For details on material
types see our technical information section here.
- If there are any holes in the item we would need to know
diameter (try to keep to standard imperial or metric sizes) and also the position. Try not
to position holes where a weakness may result in the strip.
- The size of any radii of bends in the strip or corners. Note
that very sharp bends should be avoided as they can create high stress points and lead to
- Depending on the material used, you may require some form of
corrosion protection. See the technical information section for more details.
And remember, if you are not sure exactly what you require,
we offer our full design and development service on all our products so give us a call.
Find out how here.
Other useful pages to visit: